How’s this for a series of events?
1. I response to a call to submission on a national mother’s writing forum. She published my essay (my first published work).
2. Turns out the editor/zine just happens to be based in a town an hour away.
3. The very week I finally subscribe to the local paper there is an article about this editor/writer and a book on her experience and beliefs about midwifery and the strength of women during birth – a subject I relate to and have applied to other life experiences in my own writing.
4. I write to her to share my congratulations and thoughts.
5. She invites me to come visit to discuss my journaling workshops.
6. Her zine is going to host a workshop for mothers in the fall.
But enough about me!
My point is, I believe if you are on the right path the path will rise up to meet you.
Henry Thoreau said,
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you’ve imagined.
… the moment one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves too.
Do you believe this to be true? Write about it.