Lilian Baker Carlisle: Vermont Historian, Burlington Treasure
A collection of my historical columns and feature stories
My weekly column for the Rutland Reader
Here are some of my favorites:
- Dear Rip: Thank you for the music!
- Pay it forward, make someone smile
- Michael the Toymaker, making toys with spirit and a mission
- Falling in love with Vermont, again
- Fran Bull: Stationing art in the community
- Creating community in solitude
- Dream comes alive: An open letter to those who have stepped out of line
- Buzz Brilliance: A caffeinated city is a creative city
I have also written three other columns for the Rutland Herald: “A Business Story,” (only some of the later ones are posted here); “The Kids Take On Rutland,” “Rutland Uprising,” (both of these have disappeared into the ether), and “All Write!” (reposted here: https://www.facebook.com/wisdomwithinink/notes and throughout this blog).
Chrysalis, The Journal of Transformative Language Arts (TLA): Let the river take me: Learnings from facilitating an at-risk group (currently unavailable to view at the journal site due to a technical issue, but you can read it here as a blog post)
TLA Network Blog: Various posts on writing and facilitating
Rutland Magazine: The House on Garden Street
Rutland Herald: Your Journal: Healer, Therapist, Friend
31 Days Contest: Call it luck. Call it coincidence. I call it Mother’s Intuition.